You can apply for:
- Elementary level, English sector (if you have a certificate of eligibility for English instruction) or French sector
- High school level, English sector (if you have a certificate of eligibility for English instruction) or French sector
1. Between 7 and 16 years of age
2. Demonstrate learning disabilities:
- 2 year academic delay in language of instruction or math;
- Demonstrate specific learning disabilities: dyslexia, dysphasia, attention deficit, auditory processing difficulties, dyspraxia, executive function disorder...
3. Have an intellectual potential within the average or superior range
- Note: a profile within the borderline range may not meet our admission criteria.
Note that the admission criteria listed above are not the sole conditions for admissibility. All documents included with the application are carefully analyzed to determine if Vanguard is able to meet the needs of your child, and if your child will benefit from our services. Your child's motivation is also a factor which is taken into consideration.
Please note that applications for students having an extra-territorial agreement with a school board are given priority, in accordance with a directive from the Ministry of Education.
Students can be referred by:
- school boards;
- education professionals (classroom teachers, resource teachers);
- professionals providing personalized services to the student (psychologists, social workers, guidance counselors);
- hospitals, referral centers, institutions that are in contact with individuals whose needs could be met by our School.